Release Notes - Papers for Windows 1.1.8 beta
Warning: This is pre-release software and might have stability issues or contain bugs. Do not update to this beta if you have a deadline or if you are working on a critical manuscript. You can download the most recent official release from http://mekentosj.com/papers/win
Before releasing a new version of Papers to all our users, we release the latest version in beta first. If your version of Papers tells you there are no new releases, but you see these release notes, then maybe you did not select to receive the latest beta updates from Papers. Find out more about signing up for beta releases of Papers for Windows in this knowledge base article.
This update of Papers for Windows focuses on performance and stability improvements, it should feel considerably faster than previous releases. It also provides better support for shared libraries across Windows and Mac, and adds 2000+ new CSL styles.
- Introducing over 2000 new CSL styles for Elsevier and T&F journals.
- Added support for HTTP proxies that use authentication.
- Added support for HTTP compressed responses when using a HTTP proxy.
- Improved performance and stability when starting Papers.
- Improved performance and stability when selecting a publication.
- Improved performance and stability when switching between tabs.
- Improved performance and stability when switching between collections.
- Improved performance and stability when using Citations with MS Word.
- Improved stability when searching for papers. A memory leak was fixed.
- Better support for shared libraries between Windows and Mac computers. The application now ensures that it is not running on other computers when being started.
- Format option didn't appear after re-opening Citations.
- Amazon Books search option was removed.
- Citations didn't handle empty citations in MS Word documents.
ACS Journal download would not work every time. Some metadata was missing.
Editing a paper would set printed/read date even if not changed. This could cause issues on Papers for Mac,
JSTOR search was not using the user proxy settings correctly.
Papers for Windows would crash, under rare circumstances, when adding a paper to a collection.
Have a look at our roadmap to see what's up next: